Sunday, July 02, 2006

And Mom makes three

Hi! David has been absolutely wonderful at taking the time to update you on the events of the last week. It has been absolutely amazing and crazy to grasp all the things that have happened for us. As you read, the birth process didn't quite go the way I wanted it to, but there are things you cannot control. I am slowly recovering from the phyiscal leftovers of birth. I am not 100% but that will slowly come, as long as I remember to take things a little slower than I am used to! :) Sophia and I are getting along really well when it comes to breastfeeding, which is a huge reflief. I was concerned that it would be horrible, just like all the women on those TV baby story shows. It quite humbling to recognize that you are solely responsible for the feeding of this little life. It's really nice bonding time, especially at 1 in the morning.

I am enjoying our little girl. SHe is really quite quiet. I could spend hours watching her little face as she sleeps. I still have moments of wondering how it is that I could be the mother of this little thing. But for the most part I am just enjoying her presence. She is a gift to both of us, and to our families.

So on the whole we are doing very well here. Sophia slept through the night, taking time to wake up and eat. I will keep you posted as to recovering and all the joys that come with a new life. Thank you so much for all your thoughts, prayers and words of congratulations. It means the world to all of us. Talk to you soon!

No comments: