Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Watching the Calendar (Tricia)

So, the days tick by and we watch them go by knowing full well that this little life will soon be a reality in our lives. It's all a little overwhelming. Each time someone tries to book an appointment or a dinner date, I have to yes but.... Things are truly outside of my control right now. It's all up to that little creauure dwelling inside me.

Anyway, the days go on and life keeps on keeping on. David keeps reminding me that the only way people will actually be interested in checking out the blog is if we actually update it. That means finding time and energy to do so. I guess it is a good exercise in taking time to look back on what has happened in the last week or so and how it has been affected by my pregnancy. I do kind of enjoy the opportunity... even if it takes me close to forever to write anything! :)

The last week has been hot, hot, hot! Normally, I wouldn't complain. I love the heat most of the time. Summer is my favorite time of year... no socks, no parkas, no snow boots! woo hoo. However, the heat takes on a meaner side when you are carrying around twenty extra pounds. I disovered this week that my feet and ankles could turn into bricks! Honestly. Between the heat and the humidity, my feet were swollen. The positive side of this, and there is a positive side, I had an excuse to spend time on the couch with my feet up with an ice pack or take time to soak in cool tub. So there are a few perks to experiencing some discomfort.

This past weekend, I had the priveledge of performing an outdoor wedding for a wonderful couple. The day started out kind of cloudy with a little rain... which isn't great for an outdoor beach wedding. But as we got closer, the rain became less of an issue. It was nicely overcast, with a nice cool breeze off the lake. However, as soon as the bride came out from where she was hiding, the clouds broke up, the sun came out and the breeze stopped dead. If you had told me two years ago that the temperature could go from 20 to 30+ degrees in moments, I would have laughed. Well, I am a believer now. The heat got bad enough that the groom was dripping and I decided not to preach the sermon I had written. I felt bad for the congregation which was sitting out in the sun while we were in a gazebo. By the end of the service, I was drenched...wearing a jean skirt, light cotton tank and my minister garb (alb and stole). Oy.

We had the wonderful opportunity to hang out the Malo cottage between the service and the reception. A cold beer would have been wonderful, but a nice cool gingerale had to do. Anyway, we got to relax, and the little one got to bounce around a little.

Anyway, we continue to wait with expectation for this little bouncing child. It is quite strange to watch the movements from the outside, as my belly moves and undulates with the baby. We try to live life as fully as we can while we wait. We attended a wonderful Diabetes fundraiser and got to do some shopping. We are both busy with work, which is great.

I suppose I should keep my entries short...I will keep it shorter next time, promise! Do leave your comments... I enjoy reading them. So, anything could happen in the next little while --so we will keep you posted!

Till then!

No comments: