Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Toenails (david)

Tricia and I had a good giggle yesterday evening. After a long day for both of us (me at work since earlier than normal, her with her parents cleaning, sorting, packing, trashing) we were sitting in front of the TV and she held her toes out to me and said "paint?"

To be fair, we had been talking about me painting her toenails for a while now, and this seemed like a good time. Having never painted someone's toes before, I was nervous and asked for directions - it's not that hard as it turns out. First, of course, I had to trim and file her nails and do her cuticles. Seems like a small thing but it's something Tricia has found more and more difficult as her belly got bigger and bigger.

So I made a few errors, and it was awkward to get at all of her toes, so we were a bit contorted some of the time and giggling other times, and she's got this tiny little toe on one foot that barely deserves paint but I did it anyway, then she says "Two coats". Two coats? Tricia says to me (half mocking I'm sure) "the things men do for their pregnant wives" and I said "I am so blogging this."

For anyone who hasn't experienced this, however, painting the toenails of your 9-month-pregnant-due-in-two-days wife is quite a bonding experience.

1 comment:

Adam said...

You kids are too cute for words.
Is that child not here *yet*. 9 months is just sort of a guideline you know, no sense dragging this out. Lets get this birth a-movin'!That kid has people who want to meet him/her... not that we are excited or anyting.