Friday, February 01, 2008

Have Your Cake...

Well, Marie-Eve and I just completed our third Wilton Cake Decorating class. We had a good time. This class focused on fondant and tiered cakes, plus a couple of royal icing flowers (which I don't have pictures of.) The picture of the two cakes are below. The present cake was the first attempt at fondant decorating...it is entirely decorated in fondant on the outside, and is a chocolate cake with white buttercream icing on the inside. The finale cake is a two tiered yellow cake, with chocolate buttercream icing, and an apricot glaze on the outside. It is covered in homemade chocolate fondant, with fondant roses and leaves. The ribbon was a last minute addition, mainly used to cover the areas where the fondant and I had disagreements. There is a chocolate buttercream shell border on the top and the bottom. The fondant is dusted with a white shimmer powder to make it sparkle. I am pretty proud.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As well you should be proud, Tricia... Those are fabulous!! My cousin also decorates cakes and posed for a pic with her husband and daughter beside the cake she made for my brother's wedding... My mom calls it, "Christa's 2 masterpieces" (daughter and cake)...

Anyway, those roses are particularly impressive!!