Thursday, February 28, 2008

The First Cut

Well, I finally had enough of Sophia's fly away hair. I booked her an appointment at the salon that I frequent asking for a hair dresser that can deal with a 20 month old who had never had her hair cut professionally before. We were booked in with Joanne. So yesterday we made the trek over to The Fixx Hair Salon, and I was only a little bit fearful of what was to happen. Honestly, Sophia is a child who really doesn't know how to sit still, how on earth was she going to sit long enough to get a decent (and straight) haircut??? I really hoped that Joanne knew what she was getting into.

I am happy to report that the appointment went really well. Sophia sat relatively still, just moving around to see what the other people were doing, and that was easy to do on a swivel chair. And the hair cut isn't that bad. She still has the length in the back and can see again without hair in her eyes. The only challenging thing was when the hairdresser looked at me and said "so what do you want done?" What do I want done? Cut the child's hair and make it look nice. I come to a professional trusting that they know what they are doing. I know nothing about cutting hair to look good. Yikes. Anyway, she did okay in the end.





No comments: