Monday, October 09, 2006

Size matters!?

Greetings from Vancouver. Currently, Sophia and I are enjoying some visiting on the Coast. Grandma and Grandpa MAntel are very happy to have Sophia around again. And Sophia's smiles show that she is thrilled to be here as well. We've had some time to visit with folks here, including a brief visit with the congregation of South Burnaby United, where I was a student for several years and eventually worked as a Senior's Minister for a short time.

One of the exciting reasons for being in town is to meet Tanya and Muniz's new little baby, Sheliza. She is a beautiful little girl, who definately looks like her Daddy (check out their blog at www.shelizavirani.blogspot.com). Now, at the time of our visit Sheliza was only just over a week old. This means that she is little, weighing in a just under 7 pounds. We put the two babies together, and Sophia looks HUGE. It really drove home for me how quickly these little ones grow.

People who don't see Sophia often really remark on how much she has grown, how big she is. I am so used to her that I don't notice it so much. She's 13 pounds, which seems small, especially compared to adults. She will always be my little baby, even when she is 40. Right now, she is so vulnerable, so completely dependant... sigh. I am enjoying her so very much -even when she is crying and complaining. She makes me proud... for example tonight, she just smiled and cooed while being with Jacquie, Jen and Sylvia. So laid back and easy going.

ANyway, I gush, and I am not sure that I making much sense. By ten at night, I am lucky I can get a sentence out. Oh, one fun thing that happened today: Sophia started reaching out to bat at one of her toys. It's still kind of jerky, but she was having fun.

Well, I gotta rest up. Going shopping with Mom here in town tomorrow, get to visit Sheliza, Tanya and Muniz tomorrow, and then Wednesday we are off to shop at the discount stores in Washington. What fun.

No comments: