Friday, September 04, 2009

Oh, the places Jake goes

Have I mentioned that Jacob is a very active little boy? Very active. He is crawling at lightening speed. Climbing on things like he has been doing it for years, and it even attempting the amazing feat of walking (while holding onto things, mind you --whew on my part.)

"Look at me. Look at ME! I am so very pleased with myself. Cool, eh? Mom? Did ya see me?" Yup, I saw his feat of contortion to get into the rungs under the chair. And then I watched.....
...as he realized that he was suck and couldn't figure a way out again. I got some video, but eventually Jacob just got mad and cried until I let him out.
Just this last week Jacob discovered the only accessible cupboard --the pastics and cutting board storage. Well, yippee for him, as he pulled everything out, including one of my big cutting boards. This board ended up on an angle --just right for little feet to use as a ramp to reach the veeeeeeeeeeeeery back of the cupboard....you know, to get that last little container and dump it on the floor.
Another "didja see me?" looks. Seriously pleased with his accomplishment. He didn't even bump his head.

His adventurous nature is not relegated to the house. Oh no, he becomes explorer man everywhere he goes. Mostly, he like to climb.
Jake surveys the situation before deciding on a plan of attack. At this point, he didn't realize that he could actually crawl on the rocks. Once he figured that out there was no stopping him.
"I can climb this, right?"

"What about this?"


"If my sister could climb this, I can too, right?"

There really is just no stopping this boy...okay, except for the fact that he has itty bitty legs and not so big arm muscles. But, really, other than that there's nothing stopping him...as long as it doesn't include canvas tents and goats. Sigh.

No comments: