Thursday, July 05, 2007

Our Tomato Loving Toddler

I don't like tomatoes...I never have and I doubt that I ever will (much to my mother's chagrin --she figured I would grow out of it). But just because I don't like them, it doesn't mean that I will deprive Sophia of the chance to develop a taste for them. Her Uncle Todd first exposed her to the cherry tomato some months ago, just before she had teeth. All she could do was suck it until it became a squishy mess. Now that she has teeth, she enjoys tearing into a fresh cherry tomato and eating the whole thing. This makes her daddy happy as he is growing tomatoes on our porch. So Sophia gets fresh ones when they are ready. Actually, she likes to stand on the deck and point to them when we are playing outside. She doesn't understand that the green ones aren't ready to eat yet. But it's still fun to watch.





For those of you looking for first birthday pics and blog, its coming. David is in charge of it, so they'll be up when he has some time!

No comments: