Thursday, June 30, 2011

Preschool try out

For the last year, Jacob has accompanied me and Sophia to preschool, three times a week. As the year went on, he showed more and more interest in the classroom and the teachers, spending time with the kids and the Madames. He seemed to really like it, after all they had little dinosaurs he could play with!

So, David and I decided that it was time for Jacob to start thinking about going to school in the fall. He is registered to start in September, right before his third birthday. Thankfully, he is comfortable in the class and with the teachers, as they always talk to him when he comes with Sophia. He has also been on a couple of field trips with them.

Part if his being a new student, Jacob was invited to a preschool open house. Jake and spent an hour together there, just being in the class. He spent time playing with the cars, the dinosaurs, the listening center, the computer, and then he found the water table. Well this was a great new thing. Thankfully, Madame M managed to convince Jacob to wear a waterproof smock to keep dry. Here's the only problem, the smock and the table are made for regularly sized three year olds. Jacob meet tall table...good luck.




I can just get over the edge....



Okay, so the smock is more like a dress on Jacob, and the arms are rolled up to the seams, but it's on.



Standing on tippy toes. For comparison, there is another new student standing at the table...no tippy toes. All I can say, is I am proud of Jacob for not being halted or scared by things that are bigger than he is....He just sees the challenge and takes it on. I am hoping he does the same when he ventures off to school next year. I just pray that my heart is ready for it when he does. I get weepy thinking about it....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: