Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Singing, Daddy

It seems all of our positive reinforcement has had a secondary, unintended effect: Sophia is now praising us when we do a good job. has said:

Nice singing, Daddy
Good shirt, Daddy
Good reading, Mommy
Good driving, Mommy

among other things.

She is turning into a very courteous little girl, when she wants to be, too. She says please and thank you without being told, even when we wouldn't expect it. She says thank you even when I blow her nose.

She is also becoming quite maternal around Jacob. She'll say "whassa matter, Jacob" and "Jacob Cry!" and try to hold him (this part can be quite a hindrance, actually)

Oh, and her language skills are increasing exponentially. Here's a little gem she uttered this morning:

"Daddy, I need help getting up on the bed, I wanna see Jacob"

This kind of complex sentence is not uncommon with her these days, and she gets the "I-you" confusion (common at her stage of development) correct, most of the time. She still says "Carry you" when she wants to be carried up the stairs, and we could be generous and assume she means "Carry! You!" but we know she's still not entirely comfortable with "me" as a personal pronoun yet. It will come. But she is comfortable with "I" as in "I need water" or "I need help getting up on the bed"

No comments: