Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Baby Boy Update

Well, I haven't posted about the littlest Gerhard-to-be recently. He kind of gets forgotten being all womb bound and all. Well, not forgotten but doesn't get the attention from those outside of the vessel job realm. Anyway, I went for my 30 week check up just after I came home from the cottage. 30 weeks! I cannot believe that time has gone so quickly. Everything is looking fine for me and the baby. He was sleeping or resting or basically being quite as his heartrate was at 128 (last couple of times it was at 140). I am still measuring large for my weeks. The general deal is that the fundus measurement should be the same number of weeks you are pregnant. Well I am 30 weeks and am measuring 32. Which is fine, as I was measuring 3 cm bigger last visit. It just means that I carry a little higher and therefore measure bigger. No biggie. I did the same for Sophia. Now for weight gain...sigh. I have gone from 71 kg to 85 kg, which really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. But I did gain 5.5 kgs of that during my month at the cottage. Honestly, I take that as a sign of a relaxing time. All I did was sit and eat, really. Although, I suppose I should have eaten fruit and veggies instead of ice cream and popcorn twists, but oh well. Now that I am home, I am working it off chasing after Sophia and hiking up and down stairs. Oh yeah, and sweating! Lots and lots of sweating! Who's grand idea was it to be pregnant in the summer...oh, mine! Something about cute pregnancy clothes. Oy.

No comments: