Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Not shy

Tricia went for her 20-week ultrasound today, and here are the screenshots. The first one is of the new little one's feet, not demon eyes if you are confused. Then a couple profile shots and a couple 3-d shots showing the cute little yet-to-see-the-light-of-day face.








All is well with the new little one, heart is pumping, organs are in the right place, etc. Measurements from the ultrasound indicate that Tricia is now at 19 weeks 5 days, which revises the due date to October 10, not that far off really.

Tricia, Sophia and I all went to the ultrasound place, but Sophia and I were not allowed in until the technician had performed all of the diagnostic measurements that she needed. After that, we were called in to have a look. Sophia was quite interested in the whole process, what with mommy on her back with strange blue goo on her belly (conductive gel) and this great big 'puter with strange pictures on it. We looked at the head, and at the face, and arms and legs and ...

I thought I saw something.

I didn't mean to - Tricia and I were planning not to find out the gender of the new little one until the delivery date. I wasn't sure if Tricia had seen or not, so when the technician said "do you want to know if it's a boy or a girl?", I looked at Tricia and said "I don't really care - it's up to you."

Little did I know, she had glimpsed the evidence as well.

We went back and forth a bit, each saying " I don't know, it's up to you" and then finally Tricia looked at the technician and said "is it a boy?"

She said "Yes, it is. Did you see?" and we both said "Yes, we did."

It was pretty hard to miss.

Our new little boy really isn't shy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats to you all Gerhard Family :) Sending our love from Tulsa! Andrea and John

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations, guys! And Tricia, what a fabulous excuse to go shopping for cute new baby clothes ;)
Love, -T