Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mommy is learning

So, I decided to take a class...something to get me out of the house, doing something fun. Well together with Marie-Eve, we chose to take the Wilton Cake Decorating class at Michaels. I have very fond memories of beautifully decorated birthday cakes that Mom would make, and I though it would be fun to do the same for Sophia. So far I have enjoyed the class, and am excited at the prospects of making lots of fun, lovely looking cakes. What I didn't think about was having to make and ice a cake every week for three weeks. That's ALOT of icing...I guess I should start letting out the waists of my pants now...especially as I am planning to take the second level in November...even more cake. Won't David be happy.

Anyway, here is my very first cake...



Next time I might even get it centered! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your cake is beautiful! I always wanted to take a cake decorating course but never got around to it. Now I can just admire the beauties that you create.

Anonymous said...

Pumpkins are better with a few imperfections. Gives them character.

I wish we could take classes like that together... I miss you!!!

Instead it looks as though "Martha Gerhard" will just put me to shame. (or express-post those extra cakes? Nah, forget I suggested that).

-Tanya