Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good Morning

The milestones keep on coming! Last week Sophia figured out how to get herself into a sitting position. The first time she tried it was with her Daddy in the nursery. She gets on all fours and maneuvers herself upright. Well, now that she knows what she is doing Sophia sits up all over the place. The newest place has been her crib. For the past two mornings, I have gone in to find her sitting straight up in bed, just waiting for me to come. It's a nice change from the "help me, Mommy, I have myself jammed into the side/corder of the crib and I can't move, so you have to get me and pick me up" cry/complain. Between sitting up and pulling herself up on everything, life just gets more and more interesting. Oh, yeah, and nothing, NOTHING, is safe anymore since Sophia has discovered that she can use her "commando crawl" to get her places. Mommy and Daddy really do have to start picking things up off the floor...If Sophia has a choice between a lovely, developmentally appropriate toy and a computer cord, can you imagine which one ends up in her lovely little hands?

No comments: